Vision Board Challenge
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is a collage of images, pictures and affirmations of your desires and all of the things that you wish to obtain. It is your daily vision map and you can use it to continuously press towards your desires giving you a focal point in what you see.
Why a Vision Board?
God wants to prosper you! Vision boards are a great way to keep all your desires in the forefront of your heart and mind (spirit and soul).
Steps to Create Your Board
- Identify where you are. Locate yourself and be honest. Once you locate yourself, begin to seek God to find where He wants you to go. The question I ask, “God show me how you see me and show me the things you have for me (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, socially, financially, and physically)”.
- Decide whether you will have multiple boards or one all inclusive. It may be based on something specific you wish to accomplish or obtain, or it may be a general idea of everything that you are looking to do or obtain. There are no limits here.
- Find pictures that correspond with your desires, either from old magazines, photographs, or from the Internet.
- Print (if necessary) and cut out your pictures.
- Type or write some affirmations that correspond with your goals. I would suggest scriptures and scripture passages in addition to affirmations.
- Glue your pictures and affirmations to your poster board and pin them to your cork board.
- Hang your vision board in a place you will see every day.
- View daily. Confess the scriptures daily. Stay focused on the desires.
- You may wish to place a picture of yourself in the center as it shows you being surrounded by the things you desire.
- Don’t be afraid to change your board to reflect things God reveals to you daily, monthly, or yearly. Keep your board up to date.
- Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers (III John 1:2).
- Indeed, the Sovereign Lord never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets (Amos 3:7).
- Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it (Habakkuk 2:2).
- This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success (Joshua 1:8).
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).